Welcome!

Thank you for taking a peek at "My Best Bad Habit". To make a long story shirt, I created this blog to purge the chattering that constantly happens between my ears! Please feel free to content on any of the content which will run the gamut from stories lurking in my past, to religion, the paranormal, current world issues, philosophy on family and even a complete work of fiction about make believe stuffed animal friends trying to make a living in the world today. Enjoy, and most of all thank you! I'm not a big fan of psychotherapy, but I have a lot to say. This venue will have to do. Thanks for listening!



Saturday, April 5, 2014

20 Years After Kurt Cobain's "Suicide", Unanswered Questions Remain Unanswered.

I vividly remember the evening of April 8th, 1994, sitting on my Grandmothers couch in her living room, hearing the local newscaster explain that a rock legend, Kurt Cobain had offed himself with a shotgun in the greenhouse of his Seattle home.


I was only 12 at the time, and knew some of Nirvana's music, so I was familiar with Kurt Cobain. In hindsight, I'm not surprised that this jarring news upset me as a child. What surprises me is that I somehow, inherently knew we had lost a very special person.


Kim Kardashian ...
slightly Photoshopped.
Honorary Kardashian, Bruce Jenner
It seems clear to me at this point in my life, that as the years crawl by, memories fade, trends change and in terms of "entertainment", the squeaky wheel gets the oil. I began to wonder, in the day and age of Kardashian domination, how many people truly understood what Kurt was when he left this planet to millions of fans, captivated by his charisma that seemed to seep from his blue eyes, so I asked around. I was shocked to find my wife, and one of my best friends knew next to nothing about him, nor the many mysteries that have been swept under the rug since his untimely passing.

I'm not sure why humans seem to find anniversaries as a reason to dig up skeletons from the past, but they do. That said, the Earth has circled around the sun 20 times now since Kurt died, and I see it as an opportunity to tell a hell of a story that will reach into relevant topics that will shock you ... guaranteed.

I'm not going to rehash Cobain's abusive, depressing childhood much, as countless others have already done. Instead, I'm going to jump into the important questions that have yet to be answered about Kurt's life, and his death.

I'm going to post separate blogs on each of these questions in order to give each topic the attention it deserves. I will be posting these blogs over the next week so be sure to check back for more detail on all of these topics. Here are the questions I will go into detail on. Please feel free to comment on any of them.




Question #1: What made Cobain Special?

Let's cut to the chase. Why do we care? I'm going to assume that some who have found this blog don't know much of Kurt or his music. While on the surface, "grunge" is dirty, yes. We will look past the dirt, past the heroin, and into the actions and life of Kurt Cobain. You'll find out why he was special.


Question #2: Did Kurt commit suicide, or was he murdered? If he was killed, by who?

I have to admit, this is something I hadn't researched this much until I was preparing to write this article. I honestly believed Kurt Cobain was likely a victim of his own vices, drugs, depression and the loneliness that the limelight can often bring. 

The Seattle home where Cobain's body was found.

Crime scene photo from the scene of the overdose and shooting.
It's not my intention to trivialize his life and his work, by stirring up a conspiracy theory about his death. That said, after a few hours of research, it became clear to me that the pieces of the "official story" of his suicide simply did not add up. 

A suspect and a motive clearly line up given a little thought, and by connecting a few dots. 

Kurt doesn't end up being the only one to die.

"El Duce", who mysteriously died days after reporting someone tried to pay
him $50,000 to shoot Cobain,

As it ends up, Eldon Hole, also known ad "El Duce" died mysteriously 2 days after giving an interview claiming that someone offered to pay him $50,000.00 to kill Cobain.

For dramatic effect if nothing else, I'll wait to say who it was that made this offer to "El Duce". When asked how it was supposed to be done, "El Duce" said he was told to "just blow his fu^*ing head off." ... which of course is exactly what happened.

The question is, who pulled the trigger?

"El Duce" said in this interview that he wished he would have done it! He just thought the person who tried to put a hit on Kurt was "just kidding".

Question #3: Why did he become a part of "The 27 Club"?

Painting depicting some of the members of "The 27 Club" in heaven.

Jim Morrison, Dead at 27.
"The 27 Club" is a group of famous musicians who all died at the age of 27. Did you know Kurt told people throughout his life that he would be in this club?

His mother, Wendy O'Conner, was quoted as saying, "Now he's gone and joined that stupid club. I told him not to join that stupid club." in pure frustration shortly after his death.

Jimi Hendrix, Dead at 27.
The "27 Club" includes the following musicians just to name a few: Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Amy Winehouse, Brian Jones, and Ron "Pigpen" McKernan of The Grateful Dead.

While most may be inclined to brush this off as a coincidence ... consider the following facts.

Every member of the 27 Club died from overdose or suspicious conditions. Morrison, Hendrix and Cobain never had an autopsy!! Why not? It's an important question ...
Amy Winehouse, died at 27 after drumbeats, ritualistic chanting, screaming
and moaning was heard coming from her house the night of her death by
multiple neighbors.

Witnesses report ritualistic chanting, moaning, screaming and drumbeats from Amy Winehouse's home the night of her death as she was inducted to "The 27 Club".

There are more questions than answers about this club. We will jump into all of them.

It does seem as though some of these artists were killed. Why? Could it be that the music and movie industry could be a much darker place than anyone expected? Were they used, then disposed of?


Question #4: Why did Cobain claim to be an alien? Was he one?

One of Kurt Cobain's MANY
 works of art depicting aliens.
If you chuckled at this one, be prepared to see some compelling evidence on this topic.

I have to admit, I didn't anticipate this becoming one of the four topics I would write about in regards to Cobain. That said, it just couldn't go ignored. It was a reoccurring theme in his life.

More of Cobain's alien art.
In a documentary, "About A Son", about Cobain, which used recorded conversations that Kurt had with journalists to weave together his life story, Cobain goes into great detail about this right off the bat. I'll link the video when we get to the topic, in which he is quoted as saying:

"I used to think when I was young that I was adopted by my mother, because they found me in a spaceship, then they left me. I was from a different planet. Every night I would talk to my real parents, and real family in the sky." Kurt Cobain "About A Son"

Here is the documentary. Feel free to check it out for yourself. He starts talking about feeling like he was an alien as a child at the 4:19 mark.


The topic comes up later in the film multiple times. Kurt left many other quotes that seem to indicate a belief that he was an alien.

He also made numerous works of art depicting alien like beings as a child, well before his drug problems developed ... so that rules a complete drug enhanced delusion out the window.

It is also interesting to me that he had an admitted "imaginary friend" named "Boddah".

He addressed Boddah in his "suicide note", which might I mention, mentioned nothing of suicide.

Who is Boddah?

Kurt Cobain's "suicide note", which never mention suicide.... 

While we're running around in left field yapping about extraterrestrials, we should also consider the band name of Nirvana's drummer at the time of Cobain's death, Dave Grohl. Grohl named his band The Foo Fighters ...

Dave Grohl, Nirvana drummer at the time of Cobain's death,
Lead singer of "The Foo Fighters" in 2014.
The term Foo Fighters originated in World War 2 when allied pilots spotted UFOs in both the Pacific and Atlantic theater. It was widely believed that the Germans had invented a flying saucer, and they did. The saucers were a complete failure for the Germans though, which means they were likely legitimate UFOs. If we really want to look into this, check out the theme to the Foo Fighters music video for their song, "Everlong". You guessed it ... alien abduction. Did I mention the record label of the album "Everlong" was released on was "Roswell Records"?


Believe it or not, there is more to the alien theory. Truth is stranger than fiction perhaps ...

While I certainly can't claim to know any of the answers here for certain, the evidence he left behind is fascinating to say the least.

I want to point out that I am open to the police report and the "official story". Perhaps it is that simple. Let's see what we find. Please comment and share these posts with any Cobain fans you know. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts! Just comment at the bottom of the page.

Down the rabbit hole we go ...

R.I.P. Kurt Cobain






No comments:

Post a Comment